OUR PRACTICE PHILOSOPHY
The guiding philosophy of our practice can perhaps best be summed up by our mission statement: Creekside Dental Care is committed to providing the highest quality surgical, cosmetic, restorative and prosthetic components of dental care available. This is performed by a doctor and dental team that are highly credentialed in the field of dentistry. The products and techniques we utilize are constantly held up to the highest standards with leading techniques and products utilized on a daily basis. Our staff and facility combine to offer the safest, most compassionate environment possible to deliver ideal dental health to our patients and their families. We believe our practice is suited to meet your dental needs in at least two important ways: First, we are a Comprehensive Care dental practice. Our procedures and treatments are tailored to match the specific concerns of each and every member of your family from the perspective of your entire mouth being healthy. Our philosophy is based on the concept of providing our patients with “A comprehensive plan for ideal dental health.” This treatment philosophy lets us look at your long term dental picture, creating a plan that will allow for your mouth to be its healthiest now, and in the future. The constituents of a comprehensive plan for ideal dental health consist of 5 basic things.
1) The foundation of any dental care is to have healthy gums. The first thing we focus on at Creekside Dental Care is to make sure every one of our patients has healthy gums. This is done through measuring with a periodontal probe. Without a healthy foundation any other dental care cannot be performed and will fail. The published data in the literature also relates gum disease to a person’s over-all health including heart disease, and many other problems. In our practice patients are seen two to four times a year for dental maintenance cleaning with our hygienists. The connection between your over-all health and its relationship to healthy gums is given top priority in our treatment sequence.
2) We will monitor your dental health periodically through yearly digital dental x-rays and twice yearly dental examinations, and treatment of your gums and teeth. This philosophy of diligent prevention minimizes the risk of rapid advancement of infection and disease of the gums, bone, and teeth.
3) For each and every patient we will create a customized treatment plan that will replace and restore missing teeth and/or fillings in a way that will enhance comfort, function, and appearance. Only biocompatible materials are used. Mercury fillings are not utilized in our practice.
4) We will retreat areas that may require revisions due to changes in your overall health, accidents, infection, loss of bone, or breakage of materials.
5) Performing dental treatment through the dentist that has specific training and focus in a certain area of dentistry. In this way, you receive care from a dentist best suited to meet your needs. Sometimes this philosophy entails utilizing a referral to a dental specialist such as a pediatric dentist, endodontist, orthodontist or oral surgeon. Each specialist utilized by our patients for treatment is a reflection on us, therefore is selected with the utmost consideration.
This comprehensive plan for ideal dental health blends the art and science of dentistry with everyday realities of your lifestyle, personal attitudes about health, and your budget. Second, we are equipped with the latest in dental equipment and technologies including digital x-rays, computer generated Cerec crowns, intraoral cameras, and computer cosmetic imaging. Placement and restoration of dental implants, periodontal surgery, and conscious sedation are done in our office by Dr. Viorela Bauer. It is this focus on “the whole person” while employing leading technologies that afford quicker, more accurate diagnoses and safer, more effective treatment that allows us to offer you the very best in dental care.